Star of the Sea Seniors’ Club
Located in the centre of North Rustico, the Star of the Sea Seniors’ Club for 50+ prime timers was established on May 27, 1971. We are a member of the PEI Seniors’ Federation.
All seniors in our community lead happy, fulfilling and socially active lives.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for seniors 50 and over by providing a facility and program of activities which meet their needs and enable them to remain active and socially engaged.
Our core values
To achieve our vision and fulfil our mission the Star of the Sea Seniors’ Club will be:
- inclusive and welcoming to all
- innovative in incorporating new activities into our programs
- receptive to and respectful of the views and opinions of members
The annual membership fee is $15.00 and is open to anyone aged 50 and over. Members do not have to be residents of North Rustico. We meet monthly (4th Wednesday except for July and August) at the Club on Sunrise Crescent, North Rustico. The annual general meeting and election of officers takes place at the January meeting.
Program of activities
- Special occasion parties with dancing and music
- Annual lobster supper in May (tickets priced to cover the cost of lobster)
- The Club also provides the following activities for members and non-members:
- Weekly Auction card parties (each Tuesday evening)
- Afternoon cribbage (1st Tuesday after Nov 11 through mid-April)
- Clogging (Monday afternoons)
- Choral Group (Tuesday mornings)
- Stitch’n’Sew (Wednesday mornings)
- Weekly line dancing (Thursday mornings)
- Drama group (Monday morning January-April)
The Star of the Sea Seniors’ Club facility is available for rental. The hall has a stage, sound system, piano, dart boards and a licensed bar. It is available for rental by members ($75) and non-members ($100) excluding bar tender fee.
For more information, find us on Facebook, contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail Star of the Sea Seniors’ Club, Sunrise Court, P O Box 280, North Rustico PE C0A 1X0