To enhance the quality of life in North Rustico by sound leadership and fiscal responsibility. The delivery of high quality of services and advocacy for communication, participation and involvement. Preserve our history and protect our environment
The Town of North Rustico will be a municipality grounded in principles of ethics and transparency, with a firm commitment to improving the quality of life for future generations by making responsible decisions today, with the commitment of controlling our own destiny.
- Mayor – Heather McKenna (email@example.com)
- Deputy Mayor – Michelle Pineau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Councillor – Patricia Doucette (email@example.com)
- Councillor – Stephanie Moase (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Councillor- Margaret Goulding (email@example.com)
- Councillor- Andrea Greenan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Councillor- Allan Smith (email@example.com)
- Chief Administrative Officer – Joanne Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Town Council has meetings two times each month. The first meeting is typically the second Monday of the month. The second meeting is typically the last Monday of the month. If you wish to speak to the council at a council meeting, you can do so by putting your name on the agenda by the Wednesday before the meeting. The agenda usually goes out the Thursday or Friday before the meeting. There are no meetings in the month of December. The complete procedure for the council meetings is under “Bylaws, policies and zoning” under Governing.
The tentative meeting schedule for 2022 is:
January 10th/January 31st
February 14th/February 28th
March 14th/March 28th
April 11th/April 25th
May 9th/May 30th
June 13th/June 27th
July 11th/July 27th
August 8th/August 29th
September 12th/September 26th
October 11th**/October 24th
November 14th/November 28th
If you have a request for the council’s consideration, there is a form called a “Request for Decision” that must be filled out. Forms are available at the Town Office. They must also be submitted the Wednesday before the first council meeting of the month.
For more information on the council system, check out our “Procedural Bylaw 2014” under Governing and Bylaws.